With Children’s Liturgy of the Word, prayer leaders will find liturgically and doctrinally sound practices and content to help lead children in a prayerful and fruitful liturgical celebration of the Word of God. Both ordained and lay leaders of prayer can prepare for each week using the in- depth Scripture background commentaries and liturgy preparation pages. Guides include age-appropriate homilies and reflections as well as prayers of the faithful, making this an easy and time-saving resource for every week.
Children’s Liturgy of the Word covers each Sunday and holyday of obligation of the school year from the Twenty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time (August 28, 2022) through the Twenty-First Sunday in Ordinary Time (August 27, 2023). This resource includes:
- An overview of the season
- Weekly guides for leading and preparing the liturgy, including dismissal texts, centering prayers, and closing prayers
- Suggestions for the liturgical environment and music
- Weekly Scripture citations and commentary on all three readings and the responsorial psalm
- Doctrinal connections from the catechism and other Church documents
- Weekly Scriptural connections to Church teaching and tradition
- Weekly reflections for the children's Liturgy of the Word
- Product Code: CLW23
- ISBN: 978-1-61671-652-3
- Author: Kristen Hempstead McGann
- Size: 8 3/8 x 10 7/8
- Pages: 272
- Binding: Paperback
- Language: English
- Copyright: 2022
Care of your book
A little bit of care will help preserve your book for years to come. Wiping with a soft, clean cloth will take care of most dirt. A leather edition will be best preserved if occasionally treated with a suitable leather conditioner.
Serving the Catholic Community for Over 50 YearsEstablished by the Archdiocese of Chicago in 1964, LTP promotes the liturgical formation of the faithful called for by the Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy of the Second Vatican Council. Liturgy Training Publications is a premier publisher of liturgical and pastoral materials in English and Spanish. Dedicated to developing resources for the assembly, clergy, liturgical ministers, and all who study the liturgy, LTP produces books, videos, workshops, and other training materials so all the faithful may “become thoroughly imbued with the spirit and power of the liturgy” (SC, 14).