This holy card features a beautiful Catholic image on the front with a distinctive gold foil stamping design around the edge. It includes a prayer on the back.
Item No.: AM-MC042
- Image of St. Andrew w/ Set of Healing Medal.
- Patron Saint of Those of Wo Has Suffered a Stroke.
- Back of Card: Prayer to St. Andrew
- Includes a full-color holy card with two healing prayers, a saint biography, and an oxidized silver patron saint medal.
- Holy Card: Full-Color Cardstock (Closed) 2 1⁄2" W x 4" H
- Holy Card: Full-Color Cardstock (Open) 5" W x 4" H
- Saint Medal: Oxidized Silver 1" H
- Saint Andrew, Pray for Us.: Paper/Oxidized Metal
- 6 Pieces Per Package
Story & Symbolism: Saint Andrew eventually became the superior of the congregation and was instrumental in establishing a number of Theatine religious houses in Italy. He was so successful in converting sinners and heretics with his eloquent preaching that numerous disciples thronged around him, eager to be under his spiritual guidance. One day, when beginning the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, he suffered a stroke that resulted in his death.
He died in 1608 and was canonized in 1712.
Saint Andrew Avellino is recognized today as the patron of those who has suffered a stroke. His feast day is November 10th.