This holy card features a beautiful Catholic image on the front with a distinctive gold foil stamping design around the edge. It includes a prayer on the back.
Item No.: AM-MC043
- Image of St. Blaise w/ Set of Healing Medal.
- Patron Saint of Those Suffering from Throat Ailments.
- Back of Card: Prayer to St. Blaise
- Includes a full-color holy card with two healing prayers, a saint biography, and an oxidized silver patron saint medal.
- Holy Card: Full-Color Cardstock (Closed) 2 1⁄2" W x 4" H
- Holy Card: Full-Color Cardstock (Open) 5" W x 4" H
- Saint Medal: Oxidized Silver 1" H
- Saint Blaise, Pray for Us.: Paper/Oxidized Metal
- 6 Pieces Per Package
Story & Symbolism: Saint Blaise was born to a rich and noble family during the fourth century. He received a Christian education and eventually became a physician. During his practice, he saw so much of the miseries of life and the hollowness of worldly pleasures, that he decided to devote his life to God. He became a priest and was eventually appointed Bishop of Sebaste in Armenia. From all parts, people came to him for the cure of bodily and spiritual ills.
When the governor, Licinius, began to persecute Christians, Saint Blaise was captured and sent to prison. On the way, people lined the road to see him one last time. As Saint Blaise blessed them all, a poor mother rushed up to him and begged him to save her child who was choking to death on a fishbone. He then blessed the child and worked a miracle that saved the child's life.
No torture could make him give up his faith in Jesus and he was beheaded in 316.
Saint Blaise is recognized today as the patron of those suffering from throat ailments. His feast day is February 3rd.