Prepare Your Heart - A Guided Advent Journal for Prayer and Meditation
Join Fr. Agustino Torres, CFR—founder of Corazón Puro—on a multimedia Advent journey led by the saints and the Holy Family to prepare yourself to enter into the story of Christ’s birth through prayer, charity, and joyful acts of service to the needy.
Prepare Your Heart features stunning original art by Valerie Delgado of Pax.Valerie, along with daily meditations on a passage from scripture, reflection questions, prayer, and space for journaling and notetaking.
During each week of Advent, you will embark on a new path informed by Franciscan spirituality to guide you to becoming closer to God:
- Week One, the way of Nazareth: a spirituality that attunes you to the needs of others and the hidden presence of God.
- Week Two, the way of the saints: featuring Sts. Lucy, Nicholas, Juan Diego, and Our Lady of Guadalupe, whose feast days fall during Advent; they will teach you to live with intentionality, humility, and devotion.
- Week Three, the way of St. Joseph: revealing the creative courage of Jesus’s foster father, teaching you how he makes a home for each of us in the heart of God.
- Week Four, the way of Mary: a tutorial in learning how to say yes to God’s call for your life and trusting in his loving providence.
Prepare Your Heart is perfect for both individual and group use. Free companion videos; ideas for celebrating Sundays in Advent with family, friends, and small groups; and a downloadable leader’s guide are available at avemariapress.com.
The book, videos, leader’s guide, and family guide are available in Spanish as well.
- ISBN: 9781646802517
- Pages: 144
- Author: Fr. Agustino Torres, CF
- Illustrated by: Valerie Delgado
- Trim size: 5.5 x 8.5 inches
- Format: Paperback
- Publication date: August 18, 2023
Serving the Catholic Community for Over 150 Years!
Ave Maria Press, established in 1865 by Rev. Edward Sorin, C.S.C., Ave Maria Press remains committed to its core mission in more than 150 years. It began as the third apostolate of Holy Cross in the US and published "The Ave Maria" magazine by Fr. Sorin with three goals in mind: to glorify Mary, highlight Catholic families, and present the best American Catholic writing.
Ave Maria thrived for over 100 years and became the most popular Catholic magazine in the country. Under the leadership of Rev. Daniel E. Hudson, C.S.C., the magazine grew and started publishing hardcover books. Holy Cross religious, including priests, brothers, and sisters, played essential roles in the magazine's operation. After the magazine ceased publication in 1970, Ave Maria Press focused on book publishing and has since published works by notable Catholic authors.
Now owned by the United States Province of the Congregation of Holy Cross, Ave Maria Press remains one of the oldest Catholic publishing houses, specializing in religion textbooks, ministry resources, and books on prayer and spirituality.