An absolutely divine St. Marcella Sterling Patron Medal with 18" Chain crafted by the great artisans with superb attention to detail is genuinely a must-have item. This classy accessory will definitely match and complement every outfit with its classic style. Get this necklace and show off your faith in a stylish way.
Item No.: CBC-SS729-38
- St. Marcella Sterling Patron Medal with 18" Chain
- Image of St. Marcella with an inscription, “St. Marcella”
- Sterling Silver Medal - St. Marcella w/ 18" Chain.
- Size: 3/4" H, 18" L Chain
- A great way to show our faith to the beloved saint.
Story & Symbolism:
Marcella was a matron in the Roman Empire. After nine months of marriage, she was widowed, refused to marry Cerealis, the consul, and organized a company of noble ladies to live a life of austerity and asceticism. She was tortured by the Goths looting Rome in 410 to force her to reveal the location of her fortune, which she had long before distributed to the needy. She was eventually liberated but died in August. She maintained contact with St. Jerome, in which he responded to her questions regarding spiritual subjects. The 31st of January is her feast day.