Teach, Delight, Persuade: Scriptural Homilies for Years A, B, and C contains homilies drawn from all three reading cycles for the Sundays and solemn feasts of the liturgical year. These accessible and practical homilies are intended primarily for priests and deacons who preach at Catholic celebrations of the Eucharist.
The homilies concentrate on the core message of the Old Testament reading, the psalm, the New Testament reading, and the Gospel.
- The homilies are short and catechetical in approach.
- Each homily covers a brief analysis of the intent of the scripture writer, the historical significance of the period, and practical application of the scripture to contemporary life.
- In addition to pastors and deacons, this book is also an ideal pastoral resource for many lay ministers who make use of the Sunday readings when they teach the word of God: directors of religious education, leaders of inquiry groups (such as RCIA), scripture study group facilitators, prayer groups, and religion teachers.
- The homilies are the result of 50 years of preaching and several years of research and pastoral experience.
- The scriptural exegesis contained in the homilies flows from the profound scriptural insights of the last 50 years. All of these homilies reflect the social and religious concerns of the contemporary Church.
James W. Kinn is a priest of the Archdiocese of Chicago. He received his STD in theology from the University of St. Mary of the Lake. He taught theology at Quigley Preparatory Seminary in Chicago for 10 years and was pastor of Santa Maria de Popolo in Mundelein for 19 years. His field of specialization is scripture study. He is the author of Human and Christian (Vantage Press, 1986), Contemplation 2000: St. John of the Cross for Today (St. Bede's Publications, 1996), and The Spirit of Jesus in Scripture and Prayer (Sheed & Ward, 2004). Father Kinn is currently retired and lives in New Salem, Wisconsin.
- Product Code: HTDP
- ISBN: 978-1-59525-026-1
- Pages: 384
- Author: James W. Kinn
- Size: 6 x 9
- Binding: Paperback
- Language: English
- Copyright Year: 2009
Care of your book
A little bit of care will help preserve your book for years to come. Wiping with a soft, clean cloth will take care of most dirt. A leather edition will be best preserved if occasionally treated with a suitable leather conditioner.
Serving the Catholic Community for Over 50 YearsEstablished by the Archdiocese of Chicago in 1964, LTP promotes the liturgical formation of the faithful called for by the Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy of the Second Vatican Council. Liturgy Training Publications is a premier publisher of liturgical and pastoral materials in English and Spanish. Dedicated to developing resources for the assembly, clergy, liturgical ministers, and all who study the liturgy, LTP produces books, videos, workshops, and other training materials so all the faithful may “become thoroughly imbued with the spirit and power of the liturgy” (SC, 14).