This collection of documents offers a scholarly overview of Church teaching on the nature of the Scriptures, their interpretation, and their application to contemporary times. Each document is preceded by an outline of the text and an overview of the context and contributions of the document.
The following documents are included:
- Divino afflante spiritu: On the Most Opportune Way to Promote Biblical Studies (1943)
- Sancta mater ecclesia: On the Historical Truth of the Gospels (1964)
- Dei Verbum: Dogmatic Constitution on Divine Revelation (1965)
- Lectionary for Mass: Introduction (1981)
- The Interpretation of the Bible in the Church (1993)
- Catechism of the Catholic Church (excerpts) (1992)
- Product Code: BDOC
- ISBN: 978-1-56854-249-2
- Pages: 224
- Edited by David Lysik
- Size: 7 x 10
- Binding: Paperback
- Language: English
- Copyright Year: 2001
- 4 Pieces Per Package
Care of your book
A little bit of care will help preserve your book for years to come. Wiping with a soft, clean cloth will take care of most dirt. A leather edition will be best preserved if occasionally treated with a suitable leather conditioner.
Serving the Catholic Community for Over 50 YearsEstablished by the Archdiocese of Chicago in 1964, LTP promotes the liturgical formation of the faithful called for by the Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy of the Second Vatican Council. Liturgy Training Publications is a premier publisher of liturgical and pastoral materials in English and Spanish. Dedicated to developing resources for the assembly, clergy, liturgical ministers, and all who study the liturgy, LTP produces books, videos, workshops, and other training materials so all the faithful may “become thoroughly imbued with the spirit and power of the liturgy” (SC, 14).