When lectors, readers, and proclaimers of the Word need the most trusted, accurate, and user-friendly tool to help them prepare for the Sunday readings, they rely on Workbook. And for the past 30 years, Workbook has provided confidence to lectors and readers, giving them vital tools to feel prepared in their ministry as proclaimers of the Word.
- Full text of the First, Second, and Gospel Readings, and the Responsorial Psalm for context
- Annotated pronunciation aids adjacent to the word in question—a helpful way to build skill and confidence
- Proclamation advice with notes on pacing and tone
- Reading commentary by a Scripture scholar for the First, Second, and Gospel readings
- Bolded text, indicating where stress and emphasis should be placed within the reading
To proclaim the Word of God is a vital ministry in the Church. When lectors, readers, and proclaimers of the Word read confidently and with conviction, the liturgical life of the assembly is inspired. The workbook provides the context, ease-of-use, and guidance to instill that confidence in those who read at Mass so those who listen can encounter the Lord through the Word proclaimed.
- Product Code: WL23C
- ISBN: 978-1-61671-666-0
- Pages: 336
- Author: Catherine Cory, Peter O’Leary, Stephen S. Wilbricht, csc
- Size: 8 3/8 x 10 7/8
- Binding: Paperback
- Language: English
- Copyright Year: 2022
- 2 Pieces Per Package
Care of your book
A little bit of care will help preserve your book for years to come. Wiping with a soft, clean cloth will take care of most dirt. A leather edition will be best preserved if occasionally treated with a suitable leather conditioner.
Serving the Catholic Community for Over 50 YearsEstablished by the Archdiocese of Chicago in 1964, LTP promotes the liturgical formation of the faithful called for by the Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy of the Second Vatican Council. Liturgy Training Publications is a premier publisher of liturgical and pastoral materials in English and Spanish. Dedicated to developing resources for the assembly, clergy, liturgical ministers, and all who study the liturgy, LTP produces books, videos, workshops, and other training materials so all the faithful may “become thoroughly imbued with the spirit and power of the liturgy” (SC, 14).