A beautiful Lenten Candleholder by Avalon Gallery. Lighting a Lenten candle each week during Lent is a practical, tangible way to remember Christ's journey to the Cross, as well as our own commitments to draw closer to God during Lent.
This cross features Christ's purple robe, crucifixion nails and crown of thorns is ideal for personal or family devotional time. The candleholder holds six candles, one for each Sunday in Lent and one for Good Friday.
Item No.: AV-B1657
- Avalon Gallery Lenten Candle Holder
- Featuring Christ's purple robe, crucifixion nails and crown of thorns.
- Candleholder holds six candles, one for each Sunday in Lent and one for Good Friday.
- Made of Resin Stone.
- Measures 8" W x 8.25" H x 4" D.
- Candle sold separately. See Item # AV-B2429 to order the candle set.
Stories and Symbolism:
The Lent season is a 40-day period that comes before Easter. Beginning on Ash Wednesday, Lent is a time of reflection and preparation before the Easter Season. Christians reprise Jesus Christ's sufferings in the desert for 40 days. The Lent period includes Sundays and begins on Clean Monday and is followed by distinct periods of fasting, Lazarus Saturday and Palm Sunday, followed straightway by Holy Week.