This holy card features a beautiful Catholic image on the front with a distinctive gold foil stamping design around the edge. It includes a prayer on the back.
Item No.: AM-MC010
- Patron Saint of Those Suffering from Alcoholism.
- Image of Venerable Matt Talbot.
- Healing Medal Set
- Includes a full-color Holy Card with Two Healing Prayers, a Saint Biography, and an Oxidized Silver Patron Saint Medal.
- Holy Card: Full-Color Cardstock 2 1⁄2" W x 4" H (closed)
- 5" W x 4" H (open)
- Saint Medal: Oxidized Silver 1" H
- 6 Pieces Per Package
Story & Symbolism: Matt Talbot was an Irish ascetic revered by many Catholics for his piety, charity, and mortification of the flesh. Talbot was an unskilled laborer. Though he lived alone for most of his life, Talbot did live with his mother for a time.
After 16 years of drinking, Matt decided to find a priest, go to confession, and take a pledge to stop drinking. He found sobriety through much prayer, daily Mass, hard work, and self-sacrifice.
Matt remained sober for 40 years until he died in 1925. Penitential chains were found wrapped around his body after his death and his reputation for holiness became widespread. In 1931, the Church made its first inquiry into Matt Talbot's life. The decree on his virtues was issued on October 3, 1975, by Pope Paul VI.
Venerable Matt Talbot is recognized today as the patron of those suffering from alcoholism. His life story has been an inspiration for alcoholics throughout the world.