The Holy Rood Guild Laudate Incense - 2 Size Variants
Holy Rood Guild's Cantica incense is created from natural plant ingredients, flower petals, and aromatic essential oils. It has a spicy citrus aroma and burns to a fine white ash. Trappist monks created and packed this item.
How To Use:
1. Burn with charcoal. Light one charcoal disk for incense use and place it in an appropriate holder. Wait for the charcoal to heat. Sprinkle a small bit of incense over the charcoal until you achieve the appropriate level of smoke and aroma.
2. Heat without using charcoal. To unleash the scent from the incense, reheat it. Use a small essential oil burner with a tea candle, or an electric one. However, merely placing it in a sunlit window or on a stovetop is sufficient to release the aroma.
Item No.: HRG-7103
- The Holy Rood Guild Laudate Incense - 2 Size Variants
- Available in 2 size variants
- Material: Natural Plant/ essential oils
- Burns to a fine white ash
Story & Symbolism:
Incense in Christian liturgy, deeply spiritual and historically significant, symbolizes divine encounters through Christ's incarnation. Incense in liturgy transforms ordinary elements into sacred symbols, connecting to God's kingdom. Echoing Psalms 141:2, "May my prayer be counted as incense before You; The lifting up of my hands as the evening offering," illustrates prayer as a fragrant offering to God.It represents prayers ascending to God, a tradition rooted in ancient rituals and Jewish Temple practices. Integral to Christian worship by the fifth century, its use in Mass, as prescribed in the Roman Missal, signifies prayers reaching heaven, infusing the ceremony with solemnity, mystery, and a heavenly atmosphere.Utilized to incense the altar, Gospel, offerings, celebrant, clergy, and congregation, incense also plays a pivotal role in funerals, honoring the deceased and representing prayers for their soul. This sacred tradition enriches the liturgy's sensory realm, emphasizing the omnipresence of Christ.