10" Walnut Sick Call Crucifix
This heavenly crafted Walnut Sick Call Crucifix is a truly must-have item for every Catholic home. It is commonly used by priests to perform the Sacrament of Anointing the Sick when they visit the homes of someone who is seriously ill and homebound. The sacrament was originally intended to be performed for those who were dying. It can now be given to anyone who is being challenged by a serious illness or surgery, as well as the elderly. A miraculous crucifix like this is a perfect way to protect us from sickness.
Item No.: MV-80-178
- A sick call crucifix made in the USA
- Made from premium quality walnut stained wood featuring a pewter corpus and INRI
- Highly recommended to be used in performing the Sacrament of Anointing the Sick.
- Comes with a holy water bottle and 2 pieces of candles.
- The item arrives gift-boxed making this item perfect for gift-giving!
Stories and Symbolism:
A crucifix derived from the word Latin cruci fixus, meaning "(one) fixed to a cross," is a portrait of Jesus on the cross, as distinct from a bare cross. The crucifix emphasizes Jesus' sacrifice, his death by crucifixion, which Christians believe brought about humanity's redemption. Most crucifixes portray Jesus on a Latin cross. Carrying a crucifix serves as a visual reminder to stop, pray, and reflect.