13" H Our Lady of Guadalupe in Ornate Gold Finish Frame - Series 79
A remarkable image of Our Lady of Guadalupe printed in Ornate Gold Finish Frame is a must-have item for your home. The picturesque portrait, traditional color palette, and meticulous attention to detail, together with a price that is truly valuable. The artists' skill and attention to artwork make this framed print an amazing work of art worthy of enhancing your home.
This Framed Print was carefully created to ensure that it will maintain its looks for the years to come. They also make excellent gifts for any event.
Item No.: GE-79-231
- 13" H Our Lady of Guadalupe in Ornate Gold Finish Frame - Series 79
- Patron Saint of Mexico and the Continental Americas
- An exquisite image of Our Lady of Guadalupe with hands in a praying position.
- Size: 11" W x 13" H
- Carefully crafted by the great craftsmen to ensure that this piece will be treasured for years to come.
- Material: Polystyrene/Glass/ Cardstock
- Series 79 Spanish 8" x 10" in Ornate Gold Finish Frame
- Printed Under Glass and includes Easel Back and Metal Hangers for convenient Wall Mounting
Story & Symbolism:
Our Lady of Guadalupe first identified herself as Mother of God and Mother of all mankind when she appears on the Tepeyac Hill in Mexico in 1531. An indigenous peasant, Juan Diego, saw a brilliant figure on the hill. After that, Juan Diego visited Juan de Zumárraga, who was the archbishop of what is now Mexico City. Zumárraga rejected him in disbelief and asked the future Saint to provide proof of his story and proof of the identity of the Lady.
The first apparition occurred on the morning of December 9, 1531 (on the Julian calendar, which would be December 19 on the Gregorian calendar used today), when it is said that a native Mexican peasant named Juan Diego experienced a vision of a young woman at a place called the Hill of Tepeyac, which would become part of Villa de Guadalupe, in a suburb of Mexico City.